Saturday, April 10, 2010

Kumba Mela 2010 Haridwar - April 9, 2010

Book distribution report by Anita dasi

April 9, 2010

“Oh Gurudeva, I am very tired. Send someone who you want me to meet,” prayed Taruni.

What would a sailor be doing thousands of miles from any ocean? Apparently he had to get a book. She gave him a Secrets of the Undiscovered Self in Hindi and began to explain that the material world is not the goal of life.

Suddenly he said, “It’s so true. It’s all so useless. As life begins to finish then I wonder, is that all that life was about.” He explained how he was a sailor and spent half the year at sea.

“Your family must miss you.”

“Actually they don’t miss me. Actually they don’t really love me. They only love the money I send them.” She took the chance to explain how the love of a pure devotee is selfless. Then before she got the opportunity to invite him he said, “I am not really a spiritual person, but I think I want to come to Vrndavan to be shanti for a few days.”

No comments:

Post a Comment