Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Report by Ramacandra dasa

Haribol,
All glories to Srila Narayana Maharaj, Srila Prabhupada,
and all the assembled Vaisnavas. I want to thank you
for allowing me to express my sankirtan ventures to all the
devotees. I hope through my presentation of the
following events, other devotees are inspired to push
forward the desire of the parampara. Their desire is that
the Hare Krsna movement is spread throughout the
world.

For those who do not know me, my name is Ramachandra dasa, disciple of Srila A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. By good fortune, I am under the guidance
now of Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Narayana Maharaj. Since 1975, I have had the great fortune of coming up in the International Society for Krsna Consciousness. I was
able to get the good fortune of having the association of very serious and determined book distributors of Srila Prabhupada. This has led my life to this
day, of having the mission of book distribution. Srila Narayana Maharaj has expressed his thanks to me many times for my efforts in this book distribution service, including embracing me three times. What mercy!
Now, I know that everyone has their own approach on sankirtan. I, myself, being a military person, I enjoy approaching soldiers. A lot of these men I talk to have served in Iraq or Afghanistan, or are on their way overseas. The two books that I enjoy handing out to these men are “The Perfection of Yoga” and “Beyond Birth and Death”. When I hand them these books, I don’t get into trying to explain to
them about Krsna. I find that people become disinterested in the book when talking about Krsna straight forward. So, my approach, when I hand the book to the
soldier, is to tell them that this book teaches stress management and psychology. It is a yoga book. When I mention “stress management”, everyone reaches for the book. I find that the people really appreciate the book when I explain it in this context.

I hope that every devotee that is into book distribution can continue praying hard to distribute books. This is pleasing the Lord, and our Srila Gurudeva, and we will attain the highest perfection if we please our Gurudeva in this way.
All glories to Sri Guru and Gauranga, all glories to book distribution,

Your servant,

Ramachandra Dasa

No comments:

Post a Comment